I used to drive across the border with friends on occasion to Buffalo from Toronto Ontario and we would go through a wonderful (though somewhat dingy) drive through restaraunt for wings and eat them from the bucket on the way home. Soooo delicious After about visit 6 or so I found out how they made these, and over the last 25 years this is the closest to the recipe I can imagine getting! (Bottled BBQ sauce was not as nice as homemade, but it is quick.) So addictive! Not stinging hot ....not bland and plain ol' BBQ . On a hot scale of 1 - 10 my Hubby calls this a delightful 7 - 8 with a wonderful subdued afterglow that makes you desire more. They can be made hotter or milder to taste easily by slowly adding the Red Hot sauce to your taste requirement. NOTE: OFTEN, I make triple or more of this recipe and freeze it in portion controlled ziplock bags to have them on hand for unexpected guests or a night time craving! I hope you like them...and If someone remembers the restaraunt from way back then... I would love to know the name of it!! Good memories...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 48 aprox. chicken wings (cut with tips removed)
- 1 cup , my marmie's bar-b-que sauce # 384065 (I have used other BBQ sauce with okay but not WOWWWEEE results.)
- 1 cup frank, redhot sauce (less Franks for less 'zip')
- 1Cook Wings in the manner you desire them -- baked, fried, deep fried, (I like to bake them at 400 degrees for about 40 min untill nice and crispy, turning fairly frequently. ).
- 2Mix Marmie's BBQ sauce #384065 ( or choice of another for speed) and RedHot together.
- 3Place wings in a 1 gallon icecream pail with a lid with sauce mixture.
- 4Gently toss/shake to coat.
- 5Serve with Blue cheese sauce, celery and carrots sticks -- and beer.
- 6(Sometimes I will make them early and just before serving place in oven at 350 for 10 min or so to heat through.).
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Marmie's '... on the Way Home from Buffalo...chicken Wings
Serving Size: 1 (392 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1305.3
- Calories from Fat 845
- Total Fat 93.9 g
- Saturated Fat 26.3 g
- Cholesterol 452.7 mg
- Sodium 429.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 107.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: