1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 15 mins
This is a very easy recipe that I have changed over the years, but originally it came from a hospital I worked at and was used to help overweight patients lose weight before surgery. I make it because my whole family loves it and it is so low in calories it is pretty much a free food when I am dieting. I do not care for cabbage in soup so this suits us just fine! I have made it in the crock pot as well with great success. There is a 'diet meal plan' that goes with the original recipe if anyone is interested.. This freezes wonderfully, so I put some of it in small personal sized containers and thaw as required for my hubby and my self for lunches. Servings are estimated, it makes a large pot full. I hope you like it!
My Private Note
dutch o ...
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs carrots, chopped (I often use the little baby carrots for quickness)
- 2 green peppers, Chopped
- 1 bunch celery, Chopped
- 1 bunch green onion, Chopped
- 2 cups green beans (I like french cut frozen green beans or 2 Cups fresh green beans, but you could use 2 cans of green )
- 2 (28 ounce) cans tomatoes, chopped (I prefer 3 cups of fresh tomatoes peeled and chopped if I have time)
- 1 (40 g) package vegetable soup mix (optional, can be added toward the end of simmering.. more calories, carbs and sodium and may not be )
- 1 liter beef bouillon (optional... but can use vegetable flavor too)
- 4 cups water (or to quantity desired)
- 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper, to taste
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- herbs, and spices to your personal taste
- 1 tablespoon Frank's red hot sauce (start with only a bit and add to taste!)
- 1Combine all ingredients in a large dutch oven except for soup mix and hot sauce --
- 2Bring to boil for 5 min,
- 3Reduce heat to simmer for 1 hour or use a slow cooker for about 7 hours.
- 4Add soup mix and hot sauce to taste.
- 5Simmer 10 more minutes.
- 6If you are not dieting some Parmesan or Mozza on top is lovely.
Browse Our Top For Large Groups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All For Large Groups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Marmie's No Cabbage Fat Burning Soup
Serving Size: 1 (323 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 61.1
- Calories from Fat 6
- Total Fat 0.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.2 mg
- Sodium 548.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 2.4 g