Recipe by Marmie's
I have made this for pot luck dinners and never have l had leftovers. It is a meal in itself! Really quick to put together and delicious to-boot! This makes a lot and freezes nicely... perfect for make ahead meals or BBQ's. Add a tossed salad and italian or french bread... yum! It is extra special served with Ribs, and sometimes I would add a tin of pineapple tidbits. Give it a try!
- 3 onions, diced
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (or 2 crushed fresh garlic)
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 6 (14 ounce) cans baked beans in tomato sauce
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup ketchup (can add some A1 or BBQ sauce if desired)
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown together ground beef and onion in olive oil with salt, pepper, chili and garlic. (adjust to your taste).
- Add beans, worchestershire, mustard, ketchup and brown sugar - combining well.
- Place in oven proof casserole and bake at 375 for 1 1/2 hours - untill heated through and a bit crispy on the edges.