Recipe by MARIA MAC *
This is from Sunset Magazine. This is the description it gives: This take on a classic whiskey sour uses marmalade in lieu of simple syrup to sweeten the mix. The extra citrus flavor and chewy bits of orange peel make this quite different. Putting it here for safekeeping.
- 6 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 1 cup Bourbon or 1 cup rye whiskey
- 2 tablespoons Bourbon or 2 tablespoons rye whiskey
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- In a pitcher or 2-pint measuring cup, dissolve orange marmalade in 3/4 cup hot water.
- Stir in bourbon and lemon juice.
- Fill six 8- to 12-oz. glasses with ice and pour 1/3 to 1/2 cup cocktail mixture into each glass, making sure each serving gets some of the orange peel that settles at the bottom of the mixture.
- Serve marmalade sours immediately.