Recipe by Annacia
This is a very good quick bread. This is the recipe as I got it but I really prefer ginger marmalade in this. When I use the ginger marmalade I do not add the orange rind.
Top Review by Wish my name is Sheridan
This was nice but came out a bit dry. I added some sliced crystallized ginger into it in place of the orange zest (no good oranges on hand). The taste is nice and sweet.
- 709.77 ml flour
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 14.79 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 236.59 ml milk
- 236.59 ml pecans or 236.59 ml walnuts, chopped
- 118.29 ml shortening, melted
- 118.29 ml orange marmalade
- 14.79 ml grated orange rind
- cream cheese, softened (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift together dry ingredients.
- Stir in remaining ingredients, except cream cheese, just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Spoon mix into a greased 9 x 5-inch loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for 1 hour.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan and cool completely on wire rack.
- Serve with cream cheese, if desired.