Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a very good quick bread. This is the recipe as I got it but I really prefer ginger marmalade in this. When I use the ginger marmalade I do not add the orange rind.
- 3 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup pecans or 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup shortening, melted
- 1⁄2 cup orange marmalade
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- cream cheese, softened (optional)
- Sift together dry ingredients.
- Stir in remaining ingredients, except cream cheese, just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Spoon mix into a greased 9 x 5-inch loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for 1 hour.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan and cool completely on wire rack.
- Serve with cream cheese, if desired.
This was nice but came out a bit dry. I added some sliced crystallized ginger into it in place of the orange zest (no good oranges on hand). The taste is nice and sweet.
This bread has a great taste. But I prefer without walnuts (personal taste) I had to much trouble to combine the dry ingredients to the wet. I don't know what happened. And after 1 hour in the oven, it was cracked like it was cooked through. But after I took the photo, I saw that in the middle it's still unbaked :( I'll have to try it again soon without walnuts. Thanks Annacia :) Made for 123 hit wonders
This is very tasty! I used Splenda instead of sugar, because marmalade has plenty of sugar in it. I am going to hunt down some ginger marmalade and try that version! Makes a nice high loaf.