Recipe by Fairy_flossz
Makes 18 yummy scrummy glazed cupcakes perfect for any occasion,great for picnics or simply when you have the munchies for something sweet but smooth, delicious and delectable! The original recipe was modified from Super Food Ideas April 2006 Issue 69.( they're irrestsistible!)
Top Review by Nana Lee
I made these using a regular marmalade and they were luscious! I am going to make them agian when I can find a real marmalade - the bitter kind. I gave some of these to my shopping mates(we take the Senior van shopping) and they gobbled them up! I'm sorry I only took enough for 1 per person. Thank you for this wonderful and easy recipe. Lee
- 60 g butter
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 cup self-raising flour
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄3 cup marmalade
- 1⁄3 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Line a 12-hole 2 tablespoon capacity flat based patty pan with patty pan paper cases.
- Using an electric mixer cream softened butterand sugar until creamy. Then add vanilla essence and egg. Beat well until combined.
- Transfer mixture to a bigger bowl. Fold in half the flour, followed by half the milk. Repeat this process with remaining flour and milk. Stir until the batter is smooth.
- Three quarters fill each paper patty case with the mixture. Ensure that there is a smooth surface.
- Place marmalade in a heatproof microwave safe bowl with the honey. Microwave on HIGH for 1-2 minutes or until melted. Stir in chopped macadamia nuts.
- Spoon the mixture on top of the cakes (Unbaked)Bake in preheated oven for approximately 20 minutes. When cakes are baked stand fro 10-15 minutes before transferring them to a wire cake cooling rack and completing all the steps required again to use the reamining cupcake batter.