Recipe by Taylor in Belgium
Light coffee cake with marmalade center, make the day before and serve warm for that special breakfast company, or a Sunday brunch!
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 2 packages yeast
- 1 cup warm milk
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 5 -6 cups flour
- 2 cups orange marmalade
- confectioners frosting
Directions See How It's Made
- Measure warm water into large warm bowl.
- Sprinkle in yeast and stir until dissolved.
- Add warm milk, sugar, salt, butter and eggs.
- Stir in 3 cups flour.
- Beat vigorously until smooth.
- Add enough additonal flour to make a soft dough.
- Turn out onto lightly floured board and knead until smooth and elastic,about 8-10 minutes.
- Cover with plastic wrap, then a towel and let rest for 20 minutes.
- Divide dough into 4 equal parts.
- Roll each piece into a 9x13 rectangle on a lightly floured board.
- Place one layer of dough in the bottom 9x13 lightly greased pan.
- Spread 1 cup marmalade over dough.
- Top with another layer of dough.
- Repeat dough, marmalade, dough in second pan.
- Brush with oil, the cover pans loosely with plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate 2-24 hours.
- When ready to bake, remove plastic and let stand uncovered for 10 minutes at room temperature.
- Puncture any gas bubbles with greased toothpick or metal skewer.
- Bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove, inverted from pan immediately and glaze with confectioners sugar icing.