Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Simple but OH SO GOOD. Garnish the ham with slices of fresh orange and parsley
- 6 -7 lbs bone in ready to serve ham
- 1 cup orange marmalade
- 1⁄2 cup of firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Heat oven to 325F'Score the fat on the ham into diamonds.
- Bake uncovered for 1 1/2 hours.
- Combine the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- During the last 20 minutes of baking time increase the oven temp tp 400 degrees F.
- Spoon half the glaze over the ham covering the sides as well.
- return to oven for 10 minutes.
- Spoon the rest of the glaze over the ham bake a final 10 minutes.
Did this for the holiday ham and it was a hit, and smelled great while it was cooking. Next time I may add some cardamom and cloves. Thanks for sharing!
This was a good glaze. I'm not sure I noticed the taste on the ham, but it smelled and looked wonderful. Next time I may make some extra to serve along with the ham. Thank you for sharing.
This is an EXCELLENT recipe and makes a BEAUTIFUL glaze that tastes like something! I used 1 tablespoon of the mustard (we like the zippiness)....that's the only change I made, and we LOVED it! This is a GREAT Easter Dinner ham--the meat was lovely and moist. KEEPER! KEEPER! KEEPER!