Recipe by Chef TraceyMae
This is a recipe my sister-in-law Aggie submitted for our family cookbook. She recommends serving it with wild rice and green beans.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup Grand Marnier
- 1⁄4 cup orange marmalade
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Pound chicken breasts to a thickness of 1/4".
- Heat oil in medium skillet over medium-high heat.
- Dip chicken in egg, then in crumbs to coat well. Shake off excess.
- Cook until golden brown, about 1-1/2 minutes per side.
- Remove from skillet and keep warm.
- Add Grand Marnier to skillet.
- Bring to a boil, scraping brown bits.
- Blend in marmalade.
- Mix in remaining ingredients and reduce heat to low.
- Return chicken to skillet.
- Cover and simmer 10 minutes.
- Baste chicken with glaze and continue cooking until juices run clear when pierced with tip of sharp knife, about 5 minutes.
- Check frequently to avoid burning glaze.
- Serve immediately.