Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
A family favourite for many years. A simple little recipe, easy to make, tasty to eat!
Make and share this Marmalade Gingerbread recipe from Food.com.
- In a bowl, mix together first 7 ingredients, set aside.
- In another bowl, cream butter, blend in sugar, egg, marmalade and molasses.
- Add flour mixture to creamed mixture, stir to combine.
- Stir in boiling water, batter will be smooth.
- Pour batter into a 8" square cake pan which has been lined with greased parchment paper.
- Bake in 325F degree oven for 45-50 minutes.
- Best served warm.
- I have served this as a dessert topped with whipped cream! Yummy!
Delicious gingerbread, we really enjoyed the orange flavour from the marmalade. I drizzled the top with icing sugar mixed with orange juice and it complemented it perfectly. Lovely, thanks for posting.