Recipe by bigbadbrenda
The marmalade gives these muffins and lively flavour. Any marmalade will do but seville is the best.Found this recipe in one of my pickling books called Small Batch Preserving. I found it easy to make and good as well.
Top Review by evelyn/athens
great muffin! I reduced the sugar to 1/3 cup due to the use of the 1 cup marmalade. As for that, I used a 'forest fruits' blend that is strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. Sticky and delicious.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup marmalade
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries or 1⁄2 cup raisins or 1⁄2 cup nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda in a medium bowl; set aside.
- Cream sugar and butter; beat in eggs. Stir in marmalade until blended.
- Fold in 1/2 of the flour mixture. Add orange juice until combined and add the remaining flour mixture and cranberries, raisins or nuts.
- Spoon into greased medium muffin pan using 1/2 cup of mixture.
- Bake at 375°F oven for 20 minutes or till lightly brown and firm to the touch.
- Makes about 18 muffins.