Recipe by MicDoc
I found this recipe in the local newspaper. The cupcakes are moist and not too sweet. Very good with cream cheese frosting. Adapted from Good Housekeeping's "Great Baking"
Top Review by Ginger Rose
Nice cupcakes! They are lovely & moist, with the marmelade taste coming through nicely. I frosted them with a cream cheese frosting to which I added some marmelade too. Thanks!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup orange marmalade
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line 18 muffin cups with cupcake papers.
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Set aside.
- In a large bowl, with the mixer at medium speed, beat butter and sugar until light and creamy, about 5 minutes.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in marmalade.
- Reduce speed to low; add flour mixture alternately with buttermilk, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- Beat just until combined.
- Pour batter evenly into prepared cups, filling each about 2/3 full.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center of a cupcake comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Place pans on wire racks; let cool 10 minutes, then remove cupcakes from pans and let cool completely on wire racks.
- Frost as desired.