Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
- 1⁄3 cup unsalted butter
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup orange marmalade
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts
- 1 pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 9-inch square pan.
- Melt butter and chocolate together over low heat, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
- Add sugar and marmalade. Beat until blended.
- Add eggs and vanilla; mix.
- Add flour, nuts and salt. Stir to blend.
- Spread in pan. Bake 25 minutes or until edges begin to pull away from sides of pan.
- Cool slightly on wire rack.
These were soft and velvety as opposed to being dense and muddy and we enjoyed them greatly, not too sweet or too dry plus they cut well. I gave some as a gift and they were greatly received. It was very nice to have that slight bitter orange edge to them as a change. Made for ZWT8.
Wow, these were terrific squares and a real treat! They were a part of a catering tray I made, and they got rave reviews. I used white chocolate squares so that I would have a white blondie instead of a brownie, and I topped it with a little cream cheese icing, which went together wonderfully with the orange of the marmalade. I was worried they would be too sweet with the white chocolate, but they weren't, they were awesome. Moist and delicious! The photo won't really look like the recipe unless you use white chocolate, but there you have it! Made for ZWT 5 :)
I brought these to work with me and a couple of guys really liked them. I'm a chocolate freak and so I think there should be more chocolate and that's the only reason why I'm giving this 4 stars instead of 5. I will this again but may top the brownies with a chocolate glaze. I made these for ZWT5.