Recipe by Debbie R.
Top Review by katew
These were soft and velvety as opposed to being dense and muddy and we enjoyed them greatly, not too sweet or too dry plus they cut well. I gave some as a gift and they were greatly received. It was very nice to have that slight bitter orange edge to them as a change. Made for ZWT8.
- 1⁄3 cup unsalted butter
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup orange marmalade
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts
- 1 pinch salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 9-inch square pan.
- Melt butter and chocolate together over low heat, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
- Add sugar and marmalade. Beat until blended.
- Add eggs and vanilla; mix.
- Add flour, nuts and salt. Stir to blend.
- Spread in pan. Bake 25 minutes or until edges begin to pull away from sides of pan.
- Cool slightly on wire rack.