Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
low calorie dessert 140 cal/serving
- 6 slices brown bread
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 1 tablespoon almonds
- 1 tablespoon walnuts
- 1 tablespoon raisins
- 1 lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons powdered jaggery
- 3 cups skim milk
- 2 eggs
- remove the crust from bread slices.
- spread 3 slices with butter n remaining 3 slices with marmalade.
- cut each slice of bread diagonally into half to get 12 pieces.
- lightly butter a glass ovenproof dish and arrange the butter slices with the buttered side down at the bottom of the dish.
- sprinkle half the nuts, raisins , jagerry and lemon zest over the slices in the dish.
- spread the marmalade spread triangular pieces of bread over the dry fruit layer with the marmalade side up
- sprinkle remaining nuts n raisins jaggery n zest.
- beat together milk n eggs n pour over the bread layers
- leave in the refrigerator for 1 hr so that the liquid can be soaked by the bread
- bake in a preheated oven at 180*c for 40 min until the bread turns golden brown n the custard mixture has set completely.
- serve warm.