Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Really lovely not too sweet treats.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, chopped
- 1 teaspoon almond essence
- 1⁄4 cup caster sugar
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1⁄4 cup desiccated coconut
- 1⁄3 cup butter, chopped
- 6 teaspoons grated orange rind
- 1⁄3 cup caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1⁄3 cup flaked coconut
- 1⁄2 cup marmalade
- Preheat oven to 390°F and line a 20cm x 20cm slice pan with baking paper.
- Beat the butter, essence and sugar until smooth.
- Stir in flour and desiccated coconut.
- Press into prepared pan and bake for 15 minutes.
- Whilst the base is in the oven beat the topping ingredients – butter, rind and sugar until smooth.
- Add the eggs and beat until combined (don’t worry if it looks curdled).
- Stir in the desiccated coconut and almond meal.
- Once the base is one reduce the oven temperature to 350°F
- Spread the hot base with the topping mixture and sprinkle with the flaked coconut.
- Bake for about 20 minutes.
- Heat marmalade so that it is easily spreadable and spread over the top of the slice.