Chef #950640's Note:
I'd just found some apple smoked salt at a food and wine fest this weekend, and have recently been digging on this sheep's milk cheese I got at our farmer's market. I'd also found fresh zucchini blossoms there(they were kind of prickly on their bottoms but you just fry that out-brush off their dirt). then this dish really just found itself!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 squash blossoms
- 1 cup sheep's milk cheese, grated (unsure of particulars, alternative to manchego)
- 1 tablespoon apple smoked salt
- 1 teaspoon apple smoked salt
- 3 teaspoons ground cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup habanero pepper, chopped
- 4 egg whites
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon cracked pepper
- 1 teaspoon cracked pepper
- 1/3 red cabbage, chopped
- 2 cups unbleached flour
- 2 tablespoons turbinado sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons horseradish
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- 1for the dip, mix plain yogurt, horse radish, 2 tsp cayenne, 1 TBSP turbinado, Worcestershire and 1 tsp pepper then refrigerate.
- 2Prepare your dry batter mixture using flour, 1 tsp smoke salt, 1 TBSP sugar, 1 tsp cayenne and sage.
- 3For stuffing, grate the cheese and moderately season it, about a TBSP, with the salt by mixing. add one egg white, 1 tsp of Worcestershire and 1 TBSP pepper. add habaneros and 1 TBSP sugar, then fold in the red cabbage.
- 4Put your oil over heat, then stuff each blossom so that you can pinch it neatly closed.
- 5Whip three egg whites, coating each blossom and rolling it in the dry batter mix. fry your blossoms one at a time, placing them on paper towel to soak up the extra oil.
- 6Serve over a bed of shredded cabbage with side of dip --.
- 7and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Greens Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Marly's Stuffed Zucchini Blossoms
Serving Size: 1 (496 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1288.8
- Calories from Fat 114
- Total Fat 12.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 31.8 mg
- Sodium 602.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 240.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 17.8 g
- Sugars 29.5 g
- Protein 55.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sheep's milk cheese
apple smoked salt
apple smoked salt