Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
From my celebrity recipe collection; if I can find a dinner guest who will eat lamb, I will definitely try this!
- 6 shoulder lamb chops
- 1 teaspoon cooking oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped green peppers
- 2 1⁄2 cups canned tomatoes, drained
- 2 dashes cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- Sprinkle a heavy frying pan with salt; brown the chops on both sides and put them in a casserole.
- Wipe out the skillet with a paper napkin or towel; put in the oil and heat.
- Add the onions and green pepper.
- Brown lightly; then add tomatoes and seasonings.
- Stir the mixture well; simmer for a few minutes and then pour it over the lamb chops.
- Bake tightly covered for an hour in a preheated 350F oven.
This was very easy and very tasty. And let me tell you, the aroma, while cooking, was like I died and went to heaven!
Well I certainly would be your "Lamb Companion"...I aodre lamb and cannot wait to try this...thanks!