Prep 8 mins
Cook 20 mins
A friend recently told me the best shortbread she's ever tried were the ones I baked for her at Christmas - I was very flattered, so I thought I better share this recipe on zaar! I like to halve this recipe & add 1/2 cup pecan nuts to one half & 1/2 cup of butterscotch chips to the other.
- Sift flours& icing sugar together.
- Rub in butter using fingertips, until mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Press together.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured surface.
- Knead gently.
- Roll out to 1cm thick.
- Either cut out shapes using cookie cutters or press into one round, decorate edges and cut into 8 equal portions, prick with a fork.
- Sprinkle with a little sugar if desired.
- Bake in a moderately slow oven for 15- 20 minutes or until golden.
- Stand for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack.
Fantastic! I've made two batches of this now, and I love it. It's a simple dough to mix up, it rolls out nicely and bakes perfectly. The first batch I fit into a fluted tart pan and scored into wedges before baking. I think that pan baked about 25 minutes (at 350 degrees F). The second batch I rolled into a rectangle and sliced into smaller rectangles. Thanks for a great recipe Marl1. Glad to read your latest updates on your page, too, swap buddy!!