Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 mins
A robust vegetarian pasta sauce that's full of flavour. Try it with my Nanna's Gnocchi & don't forget to top it with lot's of parmesan!
- Cook the red lentils in boiling water, drain& set aside.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan& gently saute the garlic& onion.
- Add the tomatoes, Italian seasoning, soy sauce, sugar& herbs- simmer gently for 5 minutes.
- Next add the red lentils, zucchini& mushrooms, then simmer a further 5 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt& pepper.
- Serve with your favourite pasta, topped with parmesan cheese if you desire.