Prep 1 min
Cook 15 mins
Yummy, Fresh, Low-Cal
- 1 small fresh pineapple
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup fresh ginger (peeled and chopped)
- 16 ounces marlin steaks (1-inch thick)
- 3 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- Peel and core the pineapple.
- Cut part of the flesh into 12 (1-inch) cubes and reserve.
- Coarsely chop the rest of the pineapple and place in a blender.
- Add the orange juice and ginger.
- Pour into a bowl or shallow baking dish.
- Cut the Marlin into 16 cubes.
- Add to the pineapple mixture, toss to coat, cover and allow to marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- For each serving, alternate four Marlin cubes and three pineapple cubes on an 8-inch skewer.
- Reserve the marinade.
- Place the skewers on a lightly oiled broiler pan.
- Broil about 4 inches from the heat for 4 to 5 minutes, turning three times to evenly broil all sides.
- Place the reserved marinade in a 1-quart saucepan.
- Bring to a light boil.
- Pour into a bowl.
- Whisk in the mayonnaise until smooth.
- Serve with the kabobs.
This is five stars for the marlin in the marinade. We loved it with the pineapple ginger flavor and so didn't try doing the mayo in the sauce. I did add some mashed garlic and fresh ground pepper. The marlin tasted terrific.