Recipe by RubberDucky AU
This is my own twist on a Zaar fish recipe using mayo and crumbs. It's quick, easy, tasty and comforting without a sea of calories. My kids love it. To easily make the breadcrumbs I use an unsliced loaf I have frozen minus the crusts. I keep it in a ziplock in the freezer and grate as needed. The parmesan is just the bottled grated version.
- 6 slices marlin fillets, one inch thick
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise, light (generous, enough to coat fish)
- 2 1⁄2 cups white breadcrumbs, fresh
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup tasty cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon Season-All salt
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- dill, tips
Directions See How It's Made
- Oil a dish, lay fillets out.
- Coat with mayonnaise, you don't want to see the fillets too much, but then again, you don't want to be eating all mayo either!
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Combine crumbs, parmesan, grated cheese and seasonall in bowl, combine well, pour over fish.
- Sprinkle with extra cheese if wanted. Lightly sprinkle dill tips over mixture.
- Cover loosely with foil.
- Bake at 180C for 20 minutes Remove foil and continue cooking for 10 mins until golden and crispy.
- Serve with crisp salad.