Recipe by Marla in California
I came up with this recipe just on a whim, one day when I was in the mood for oven fried chicken. I had done chicken with the corn flake crumbs before and knew that it was good, but I added the cashews, my DH said I had a real winner.
Top Review by Merlot
I used boneless/skinless chicken breast halves and cut them in half. The only thing I did different was to drizzeled a little butter over them before baking. This made for a "moist" coating rather than a crisp breading...(just a personal preference at the moment). I couldn't believe how easy and tasty this dish was. No doubt I will be making this over and over again. Thanks for sharing this.
- 1 cut up chicken (or pieces to suit your family's tastes ie breasts, thighs, legs)
- 2 cups corn flakes
- 3⁄4 cup cashews
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Finely chop cashews and corn flakes in blender or food processor and place in a ziplock bag along with season salt.
- Dip chicken in milk and put in bag with crumbs.
- Make sure that the chicken is well covered with crumb mixture.
- Place chicken in baking dish.
- Melt butter and drizzle over chicken.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes or until chicken juices run clear.