Recipe by Mark E Larson
A quick and easy recipe that uses Turkey instead of beef for a lower fat content. Great for a busy schedule.
- 1 medium white onion, Diced
- 4 stalks celery, Sliced Thin
- 1 garlic clove, Minced
- 2 (30 1/2 ounce) cans Brook's chili hot beans
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes, Petite Cut
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 1⁄4 lbs ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown and drain ground turkey.
- In a 6 quart stock pot place olive oil, celery, onion and garlic. Sweat on medium heat until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add beans, tomatoes, turkey, tomato sauce and Chili powder. Turn heat to medium high and bring to boil.
- Simmer Chili for 30 minutes.
- Add Tomato paste and simmer for 30 more minutes.
- To cook faster add paste right away and cook for only 30 minutes, but the longer you simmer the better the Chili.
- If you like extra meat add another pound of Turkey.