Recipe by Jostlori
An utterly yummy sounding version of Key Lime Pie. From "Key Lime Desserts" by Joyce LaFray.
- 1⁄2 lb graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup key lime juice, strained
- 1 medium mango, peeled seeded and pureed
- 2 (14 ounce) cans sweetened condensed milk
- 6 egg yolks
- 4 egg whites
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place the graham cracker crumbs, flouor, sugar and butter in a bowl and mix until well blended. Pat into a 9 inch pie plate.
- In a large bowl, mix the key lime juice and mango puree. Add the condensed milk and egg yolks. Mix until well blended.
- Pour into the crust and bake for 7-10 minutes.
- Place the egg whites and sugar in a stainless steel mixing bowl. Place the bowl over a pan of warm water and stir until the sugar is dissolved. The whites will be slightly warm.
- Remove the bowl from over the pan of water and beat the whites until stiff peaks form.
- Spread over the top of the pie and place under broiler until golden brown.