Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
My husband loves chocolate and here is a great recipe for soft, fluffy pancakes, adapted from Cook 1.0 Mark says he can eat these every day :) The time alloted for cooking is a guess, please follow instructions. Instead of the milk and vinegar, just use buttermilk if you have it on hand.
- Stir all ingredinets together until well combined.
- Heat a griddle pan to 325-350 degrees F.
- It is ready when droplets of water"dance" on the surface.
- Pour about 1/3 cup batter slowly onto the griddle for each pancake.
- Sprinkle some chips on top of each one.
- Don't turn until pancakes are golden on the bottom, flip and cook other side until deep golden.
- Repeat with remaining batter and chips.
This reminded me of the chocolate chip pancakes my aunt would make for me on the weekends when i would stay over at her place. A great taste and i will be adding this to my growing list of favorites.
This morning my daughter wanted a big chocolate chip pancake, like they have at IHOP, for breakfast. We looked up recipes and decided to make this one. We needed to add a little more flour to make it the desired consistency and then poured all the batter into one big pancake on my griddle. Lucky for me, it turned in one piece. She loved it! I also think it tasted good. I posted a picture of a piece so you could see the texture.