Recipe by Shannon Holmes
My husband loves chocolate and here is a great recipe for soft, fluffy pancakes, adapted from Cook 1.0 Mark says he can eat these every day :) The time alloted for cooking is a guess, please follow instructions. Instead of the milk and vinegar, just use buttermilk if you have it on hand.
Top Review by Bluenoser
This reminded me of the chocolate chip pancakes my aunt would make for me on the weekends when i would stay over at her place. A great taste and i will be adding this to my growing list of favorites.
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons sugar or 2 teaspoons Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 dash salt
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute
- 1⁄2 tablespoon mild oil
- 2 tablespoons mini chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir all ingredinets together until well combined.
- Heat a griddle pan to 325-350 degrees F.
- It is ready when droplets of water"dance" on the surface.
- Pour about 1/3 cup batter slowly onto the griddle for each pancake.
- Sprinkle some chips on top of each one.
- Don't turn until pancakes are golden on the bottom, flip and cook other side until deep golden.
- Repeat with remaining batter and chips.