Recipe by Sherrybeth
DH decided he could "outdo" my crawfish dip for a recent get together we had. After combining 3 different recipes, I'll have to say that he came up with a winner that is a MUCH different recipe from the one I've used for years. Serve this dip with assorted crackers, corn chips or large chunks of toasted french bread.
- 1 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Kitchen Bouquet
- 1⁄4 cup pimiento, chopped
- 1 cup mushroom, chopped
- 3 lbs crawfish tails
- 1 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 (5 ounce) can water chestnuts, chopped
- tony chachere's creole seasoning, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a large skillet on low heat.
- Add the flour and mix well.
- Add garlic, Kitchen Bouquet, pimentos and mushroom and sauté for 8 minutes.
- Mix in the crawfish tails and cook for 15 minutes, stirring constantly.
- After 15 minutes, add the parsley, green onion and water chestnuts and cook for 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Season with Tony's to taste.
- Serve hot.