1 hr 45 mins
What can I say? You cannot have a collection of Thanksgiving recipes without having a recipe for pumpkin pie. I am thoroughly aware how picky people are about their pumpkin pies. I cannot promise you that this will be the best pumpkin pie you have ever tasted. I can tell you that it is the best pumpkin pie that I have ever tasted.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 pie pastry for a 9 inch pie plate
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup dark corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 1 1/2 cups pumpkin puree
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans (optional)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream, whipped (optional)
- 1Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- 2Beat the eggs in a large bowl with an electric mixer until they are light and frothy.
- 3Add the brown sugar and corn syrup and beat until they are well incorporated.
- 4Mix in the spices.
- 5Beat in the pumpkin puree and cream and mix until smooth.
- 6Fold in the pecans if desired.
- 7Pour the batter into the prepared pie crust.
- 8Bake for 1 hour and cool on a rack.
- 9Serve with the whipped cream.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mark's Classic Pumpkin Pie
Serving Size: 1 (127 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 249.4
- Calories from Fat 117
- Total Fat 13.0 g
- Saturated Fat 7.5 g
- Cholesterol 120.0 mg
- Sodium 75.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 19.2 g
- Protein 3.2 g