Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 45 mins
Cook 1 hr
What can I say? You cannot have a collection of Thanksgiving recipes without having a recipe for pumpkin pie. I am thoroughly aware how picky people are about their pumpkin pies. I cannot promise you that this will be the best pumpkin pie you have ever tasted. I can tell you that it is the best pumpkin pie that I have ever tasted.
- 1 pie pastry for a 9 inch pie plate
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup dark corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 1 1⁄2 cups pumpkin puree
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup toasted pecans (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream, whipped (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Beat the eggs in a large bowl with an electric mixer until they are light and frothy.
- Add the brown sugar and corn syrup and beat until they are well incorporated.
- Mix in the spices.
- Beat in the pumpkin puree and cream and mix until smooth.
- Fold in the pecans if desired.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pie crust.
- Bake for 1 hour and cool on a rack.
- Serve with the whipped cream.