Recipe by Mark Lenell
A sweet yet spicy sauce for your grilled steak or chicken.
Top Review by Rocket Helene
I needed to reycle a leftover blueberry jam and this made the trick! I used Worcest. and WHITE wine, and squeezed grapefruit pieces instead of lemon. The cider vinegar and hot sauce seemed a bit over the top to me and anyway the sauce already had a very strong personality without'em!I plan to serve it tonight with chicken and rice. I'm afraid no vegetable is allowed on the scene, because the tastes are a bit contradictory. I assume this sauce greatly becomes fowl and "wild" beasts, but I don't usually eat them myself...
- 1⁄4 cup blueberry sauce or 1⁄4 cup blueberry jam
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, loose pack
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar or 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon red wine (optional)
- 2 teaspoons hot chili sauce or 2 teaspoons hot sauce (adjust amount to your liking, mild to hot)
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients in sauce pan and bring to a boil over med-hi heat.
- Lower heat and simmer 15 minutes or until sauce is reduced by about 1/3 and slightly thickened.
- Strain sauce to remove blueberry seeds and pulp if necessary.
- Serve over steak or chicken.