Recipe by Kathyswi
Best Beef strog, gauranteed never to "go off" as there is never any left! Serve with penne pasta and add sour cream as you serve if desired. ! Yummy!
- 400 g extra lean beef
- 1⁄2 cup red wine
- 1 1⁄2 cups onions
- 4 cups mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves
- 400 g tinned whole canned tomatoes
- 150 g tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon coriander seed
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour wine into saucepan (pour a glass for the cook as well!).
- Slice the beef into thin strips and toss in to saucepan.
- Turn hotplate on to low.
- Cut onions finely and toss in to saucepan.
- Slice the mushrooms into thin strips and toss in to saucepan.
- Chop or press the garlic and toss in to saucepan.
- Add the tinned tomatoes and tomato paste.
- Grind the Oregano, cardimon, cumin and mustard seeds and toss in to saucepan.
- Bring to boil and then stir over low heat for 20 minutes.