Recipe by Love2Bake
About 7 years ago me and a friend had gone to Nevada to visit his family. While we were there the father was making pizza dough. I commented on how much I love to bake and he said he'd tell me the recipe. They had once owned a pizza place, and used this dough at the restaurant. I was amazed at how great it turned out and to this day use no other recipe.
- 3 cups warm water (110 F)
- 2 (1/4 ounce) packages yeast
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 7 -8 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour warm water into large mixing bowl.
- Add yeast, sugar and salt and mix until dissolved.
- Begin adding flour.
- When half of the flour (3-4 cups) is mixed in add olive oil.
- Mix until all the olive oil is absorbed.
- Add remaining flour (3-4 cups) and mix until soft dough forms.
- Knead for 5-10 minutes to make a soft and pliable, but not sticky, dough.
- Add flour as needed to prevent sticking.
- Cut dough into sections according to how many pizzas you'll be making.
- Roll into balls and let rise separately, covered on a floured surface for 30-45 minutes until almost doubled.
- Roll or toss dough to size and thickness desired.
- Place on greased round or square cookie sheet.
- Top with desired sauce, cheese, and toppings.
- Let rest until oven heats up to 450°F.
- Bake for 15-45 minutes according to choice of thickness and toppings.