Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I have been making this recipe for years. My husband hates mayo and my father is diabetic, so this works well for the both of them. If you prefer your coleslaw to have a bigger kick, increase the amount of jalapeno peppers; or, if you prefer, omit them altogether. This is, by far, the best coleslaw I have ever had. Everyone loves it! ***Because of the speed of food processors and prepackaged shredded cabbage available, this is a quick salad, although I have never timed it.
- 5 cups cabbage, shredded
- 1 large bell pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar (or sugar substitute)
- salt and pepper
- To make the dressing: Combine the jalapeno pepper, garlic, red onion, olive oil, red wine vinegar and sugar.
- Pour over shredded cabbage and bell pepper.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
Great recipe,so glad you shared it,it is great as you said for diabetics,im diabetic and fits my menu perfectly.Thnx.