Recipe by Lorac
In summer, I make a big batch of this with fresh picked beans and serve it as a main dish with crusty French bread.
Top Review by Coffee Crazed
DELICIOUS AND REFRESHING! Didn't have any bacon but we didn't miss it. I simmered 2 chicken breasts in chicken broth w/chopped garlic, cilantro, onion flakes, parsley and black pepper. Cooled, diced then piled it on top of the salad before adding the egg. Had to triple the dressing cuz DH loves his salad drenched in it. Used frozen, organic green beans (DH's fave veggie) cuz that's all I had on hand. This was REALLY delicious and a very easy weeknight meal. Thanks for posting this super simple tasty recipe, Lorac! What a great dinner for those hot summer evenings! Will definitely make again & again. Can't wait to try it with the bacon...yum! Thank you!
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, coarsely chopped
- 4 slices bacon, thick, fried crisp, drained and crumbled
- 2 cups green beans, cut into 1 1/2 inch lengths, cooked and drained
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 4 cups washed mixed baby greens
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dijon-style mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper