Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My goodness -- the fat content and calories per portion were sky high in the original recipe, but really, it's not that bad, promise! Please see below for adjustments:
- 6 (4 ounce) pre-cooked hamburger patties
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cups fat free beef gravy (or brown, prepared from packet, leftovers, whathaveyou)
- 2 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 3 -4 cups tater tots (I used Crowns, enough to cover casserole)
- 8 ounces shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9x12 pan with cooking spray; place hamburger patties evenly in the bottom, and cover with mixed vegetables. To reduce fat, microcook hamburger patties according to package directions, drain and pat away fat with a dry paper towel.
- Prepare gravy as directed on package, if using, or reheat leftover/jarred gravy to get a pouring consistency.
- Add Roma tomatoes to gravy. At this point you may add any spices/herbs you like - my family especially likes basil in things, and parsley and pepper are always good.
- Pour this to cover the hamburger patties and veggies completely.
- Cover with Tater Tot Crowns (Crowns get really nice and crunchy!).
- Sprinkle with shredded cheddar, and cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Remove foil and continue to bake at 400 degrees for 10-15 minutes to get the Taters and cheese crispy.
- Serve with a salad if you like, but really, it's pretty much all in here!
Nice recipe & easy to make. I'm always looking for recipes to use up hamburger patties & leftover gravy, this recipe works well. I've made it a couple times & change it up slightly each time. I've used Montreal steak spice on the patties, used some edamame with the vegys or sprinkled on a different spice to go with the basil/parsley. Tasty recipe, thanks for sharing.