Cinnamom in Illinois's Note:
My goodness -- the fat content and calories per portion were sky high in the original recipe, but really, it's not that bad, promise! Please see below for adjustments:
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 (4 ounce) pre-cooked hamburger patties
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cups fat free beef gravy (or brown, prepared from packet, leftovers, whathaveyou)
- 2 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 3 -4 cups tater tots (I used Crowns, enough to cover casserole)
- 8 ounces shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Spray a 9x12 pan with cooking spray; place hamburger patties evenly in the bottom, and cover with mixed vegetables. To reduce fat, microcook hamburger patties according to package directions, drain and pat away fat with a dry paper towel.
- 3Prepare gravy as directed on package, if using, or reheat leftover/jarred gravy to get a pouring consistency.
- 4Add Roma tomatoes to gravy. At this point you may add any spices/herbs you like - my family especially likes basil in things, and parsley and pepper are always good.
- 5Pour this to cover the hamburger patties and veggies completely.
- 6Cover with Tater Tot Crowns (Crowns get really nice and crunchy!).
- 7Sprinkle with shredded cheddar, and cover with aluminum foil.
- 8Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- 9Remove foil and continue to bake at 400 degrees for 10-15 minutes to get the Taters and cheese crispy.
- 10Serve with a salad if you like, but really, it's pretty much all in here!
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Market Day Casserole Revisited
Serving Size: 1 (493 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 453.0
- Calories from Fat 268
- Total Fat 29.8 g
- Saturated Fat 13.0 g
- Cholesterol 100.6 mg
- Sodium 389.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 32.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fat free beef gravy