Recipe by mommymakeit4u
If you time it right, you can hustle and get everything chopped up before the potatoes finish cooking. But do yourself a favor and get some slab bacon—pre-sliced bacon is usually too thin to cut into proper lardons.
- 2 lbs baby potatoes, washed, halved
- 7 eggs
- 6 slices thick-cut bacon
- 1⁄2 small red onion, finely diced
- 10 cornichons, thinly sliced
- 5 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- fresh chives, minced
- fresh thyme, picked
- vinegar (for soft-boiling eggs)
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Start your potatoes in a pot of cold, salted water. Bring to a boil, then simmer till cooked through. Meanwhile:.
- Soft-boil your eggs. Start the eggs in a pot with cold water, a splash of vinegar, and salt. Bring to a boil, then low simmer for four to five minutes. Immediately drain and rinse with cold water. Peel. Dice the eggs.
- Eat one of your delicious soft-boiled eggs with a little salt and pepper.
- Cut your bacon into lardons. Cook on medium heat until nice and crispy. Drain out the fat.
- Combine everything in a big bowl. Season.