Recipe by Jostlori
I am a Mojito fanatic, but it wasn't until my brother made me one that I knew what Mojito perfection was!!! You might laugh at my recipe, but it works every time, regardless of the size of the mint and/or lime.
- 12 mint leaves (not 11, not 13, TWELVE)
- 1 lime, cut in eighths
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons simple syrup (or 3 tsp superfine sugar)
- 1 1⁄2 ounces white rum
- club soda
Directions See How It's Made
- In a cocktail shaker, place the TWELVE mint leaves, 6 pieces of lime and the simple syrup (or superfine sugar). With a muddler, mash up the lime pieces and mint leaves so that they release their flavors and oils. Taste for sweetness and adjust if necessary.
- Add the rum and a handful of ice. Shake vigorously for 20 seconds or until ice crystals form.
- With a cocktail strainer, pour into a tall ice-filled glass. Top off with club soda. Garnish edge of glass with a slice of lime.