Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I am a Mojito fanatic, but it wasn't until my brother made me one that I knew what Mojito perfection was!!! You might laugh at my recipe, but it works every time, regardless of the size of the mint and/or lime.
- 12 mint leaves (not 11, not 13, TWELVE)
- 1 lime, cut in eighths
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons simple syrup (or 3 tsp superfine sugar)
- 1 1⁄2 ounces white rum
- club soda
- In a cocktail shaker, place the TWELVE mint leaves, 6 pieces of lime and the simple syrup (or superfine sugar). With a muddler, mash up the lime pieces and mint leaves so that they release their flavors and oils. Taste for sweetness and adjust if necessary.
- Add the rum and a handful of ice. Shake vigorously for 20 seconds or until ice crystals form.
- With a cocktail strainer, pour into a tall ice-filled glass. Top off with club soda. Garnish edge of glass with a slice of lime.
This is a perfect mojito. Just the way we like them! Thanks! Made for ZWT9.
This is a very tasty mojito. It was perfect. Thanks Jostlori :) Made for ZWT9
DH found this nice, light and refreshing. I'm not a big mint in drinks fan but thought this was not too overwhelming. I subbed Splenda for the sugar. Made for ZWT 9 Caribbean by one of Mike and the Appliance Killers.