Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
delicious white beans, escarole - a cheap, yummy meal
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sliced garlic
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes (to taste)
- 1 lb escarole
- 1 cup cooked white beans
- 3 cups chicken stock or 3 cups water
- 2 small tomatoes
- salt and pepper
- Put half the oil in a large, deep skillet or casserole and turn heat to medium. Put half the garlic in oil, with and chilies. Stir occasionally until garlic begins to color. Add escarole and tomatoes and stir; add beans and stock or water and adjust heat so mixture simmers steadily. Cover.
- Cook about 15 minutes, or until escarole is tender. Stir in rest of garlic and cook another minute, then taste and adjust seasoning, drizzle with reserved olive oil, and serve.