Recipe by budgiesntiels
If you are looking for healthy recipes you can cook up in a minimum of time check out Mark Bittman's How to Cook Everything, How to Cook Everything Vegetarian and The Best Recipes in the World. I love the short ingredient lists, of mostly easy to find ingredients and speedy cooking times. I also love how almost everything I have tried of Mr. Bittman's tastes as great as it looks. This is my new favorite way to make Quinoa.
- 591.47 ml cooked quinoa (1 cup raw)
- 44.37 ml oil
- 113.39 g tempeh, crumbled (about 1 cup)
- 14.79 ml ginger, peeled and minced
- 14.79 ml garlic, slivered
- 236.59 ml mung bean sprouts (optional)
- 236.59 ml tomatoes, chopped (optional)
- 29.58 ml rice wine vinegar
- 14.79 ml dark sesame oil
- 14.79 ml soy sauce (to taste)
- 118.29 ml green onion, for garnish
- 118.29 ml fresh cilantro, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the quinoa. Rinse and drain in a fine strainer.
- Meanwhile, put the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. When hot, add the tempeh and cook, stirring occasionally, until crisp, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the ginger and garlic. Cook for another minute or two.
- Stir in the tomato, if using them. Stir and turn off the heat.
- Stir in the vinegar, sesame oil, and soy sauce. Transfer to a serving bowl.
- When the quinoa is dry and cool, toss with the tempeh mixture and mung beans.
- Taste and add salt, if necessary, and add a healthy dose of black pepper. Garnish with scallions and cilantro.