Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A quick barbecue sauce for whatever you want to use it for.
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce or 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon onion, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Combine all the ingredients except salt and black pepper in a small sauce pan over medium-low heat.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until the flavors have a chance to blend, about 10 minutes.
- Taste and add salt and pepper, if necessary. Use immediately or cool and refrigerate for up to one week.