I love Mark Bittman's recipes. They are so easy, and use mostly easy to find ingredients. This recipe came from his book How to Cook Everything. In 3O minutes you can have homemade chicken soup. How cool is that?
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place stock in a large, deep saucepan and turn the heat to medium-high.
- 2when the stock is just about boiling turn the heat down to medium so that it bubbles but not too vigorously.
- 3Stir in the rice, celery, and carrot.
- 4Cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes.
- 5Stir in the chicken. If raw, cook 5 to 8 minutes or until cooked.
- 6If chicken is cooked, cook 2 to 3 minutes or until hot.
- 7Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 8** you can sub 1 cup cooked chicken for the raw, if desired.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mark Bittman's Chicken and Rice Soup
Serving Size: 1 (353 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 140.0
- Calories from Fat 17
- Total Fat 1.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 973.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 7.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: