Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Mark helped come up with this stir fry, filled with everything he loves. It is very delicious and filling, give it a try.
- 1⁄2 head bok choy, chopped
- 1⁄2 head broccoli, separated into florets
- 4 large spinach leaves, sliced
- 15 baby carrots, sliced into coins
- 1 (14 ounce) can bean sprouts, drained (I was going to use fresh, but was unable to find)
- 1 (15 ounce) can baby corn, drained
- 3 dashes soy sauce
- 0.5 (12 1/8 ounce) jarkikkoman's stir-fry sauce
- 2 -3 dashes garlic powder
- 6 ounces uncooked vermicelli or 6 ounces angel hair pasta, broken in half
- Throw bok choy, broccoli, and carrots into a large pot sprayed with nonstick cooking spray, and cook on medium to medium high heat stirring occasionally.
- In a medium saucepan, boil water for pasta and cook until done.
- In the meantime, while your vegetables are cooking, add the 3 dashes of soy sauce and garlic powder.
- Make sure to stir the vegetables, there should be a lot of juice in the bottom of your pan (I was going to add some cornstarch at this point to thicken the juices into sauce, but he wouldn't let me).
- When the pasta is done, add the corn, bean sprouts and spinach to vegetables in large pot, then add well drained pasta.
- Stir in the 1/2 jar of stir fry sauce.
- We sure did and if it's just two of you, you'll have dinner already made for tomorrow!
I absolutely loved this! From start to finish. The colors were beautiful, the smells were enticing. I not only enjoyed eating this, I enjoyed making it. I had to substitute Napa cabbage for the bok choy (grocery store didn't have any!). I also had to use the canned bean sprouts, none of those at the grocers either. The only thing I would do differently with this dish, is to use rice noodles next time instead of the angel hair pasta, if I can find them : ) I served this for dinner last night with Crispy Ginger Beef # 107072 and Mango Infused Jasmine Rice. Will most definitely make this again; loved the vegetables!
Thank you Mark and Shannon for introducing me to a new and wonderful stir-fry! This was my first time ever making bok-choy (and I really like it!) and the ingredients of this stir-fry are different from what I usually include, but it was WONDERFUL! To make it even better, my picky DH liked it too, and he usually hates all kinds of "green stuff." With this meal, I got him to eat probably about a whole cup and a half full of vegetables, something he doesn't do very often. Bravo! I had to add some chicken breast cut into strips to get him to eat it (won't eat anything w/o meat!), so I cooked them through first before adding the vegetables. I used 2 tsp. of minced fresh garlic sauteed with the veggies and also added the powder at the end. The only other thing I did differently is used about 1 cup of fresh bean sprouts (could have used more...love them) and omitted the baby corn due to preference. Thank you so much...I will make this recipe again and again.
I think this is my new favorite stir-fry dish!! I used angel hair pasta, and followed the recipe to a T, except I added a clove or two of fresh minced garlic, and cut the baby corn into bite-size pieces. This is great to take to work for lunch. PERFECTO!!! Keep 'em coming, shannon!! Your recipes are awesome! ~Manda