Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe was compiled into my Grandmother's church cookbook, which has since been handed down to my mother and myself. I've tried several different kinds of lasagna and this one always beats out the competition!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (20 ounce) can tomatoes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 8 ounces lasagna noodles
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 1⁄2 lb cottage cheese (opt. ricotta)
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Brown beef and garlic in oil.
- Add tomato sauce, tomatoes, and seasonings.
- Cover and simmer 15-20 minutes, until slightly thickened.
- Cook noodles in boiling, salted water for about 15 minutes.
- Drain and rinse.
- Fill casserole with alternate layers of noodles, mozzarella slices, cottage cheese, tomato meat sauce, and parmesan cheese, ending with the sauce and parmesan.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
- *Note: This is even better made the day before and reheated in a SLOW oven for 30 minutes to an hour.
Very good lasagna. I needed to increase the mozzarella because 8 oz. was not enough to cover all layers of a 9 x 13 pan. I also used ricotta instead of cottage cheese. We let it sit for a day, as recommended, and then reheated in the oven. This recipe was enjoyed by all. Thanks for sharing! ***Made for Fall PAC 2012***