Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe works equally well for a medium sized roasting chicken or four Cornish game hens. It has a lovely flavor and is as good for company as it is for family meals. (All butter or all margarine can be used. I use half and half simply to cut back on some of the calories but still retain the wonderful flavor.)
- Rinse chicken/hens in cold water and pat dry. Arrange in baking or roasting pan.
- Melt margarine and/or butter in small saucepan.
- Stir in wine, marjoram, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Pour over chicken.
- Roast at 350 degree F for approximately 20 minutes per pound. (Use a meat thermometer for accuracy of 'doneness' if you can.).
- Remove chicken to serving plate.
- Skim fat from remaining juices. Add chicken broth, water, and cornstarch to the drippings. Cook over medium-high heat until mixture thickens and begins to bubble.
- Serve the sauce on the side with rice to accompany chicken.
This was excellent. I loved the white wine/butter sauce. I used cornish game hens and found this quick and easy. Made for Photo Tag.