Recipe by Dib's
I found this on the net, per a recipe request. The original poster was S. There is a three hour chill time required for this recipe.
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped hazelnuts
- 1 cup chopped semisweet chocolate
- 4 ounces light cream cheese, room temp
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3 tablespoons strong coffee, cold
- 1⁄2 cup ground hazelnuts
- 1⁄2 cup ground almonds
- 2 cups heavy cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- On a lightly floured board gently roll out the puff pastry to a 13x13 square.
- Turn down to 12x12 and then cut into 4x12 inch strips.
- Place on parchment lined sheet and poke each a few times with a fork.
- GENTLY press an equal amount of the hazelnuts into the three strips.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes-cool.
- In a double boiler melt chocolate, stirring frequently.
- Remove when melted completely and cool to room temperature.
- In a large bowl beat together the cream cheese, brown sugar and coffee until smooth and silky.
- Blend in melted chocolate and ground nuts.
- Whip the cream until peaks form.
- Fold 1/3 of the mixture into the cheese mixture.
- Now quickly fold in the remaining whipped cream until no streaks remain.
- On a serving tray place one sheet of the hazelnut studded pastry, then top with 1/3 of the cheese mixture.
- Repeat with the remaining sheets, ending with the cheese mixture on top.
- Chill in the fridge for 3 hours.