Recipe by Marissa Reedhead
I got part of this recipe from a book that came with my quick chopper. I've perfected it to my taste over the years. The key is the cilantro which really adds great flavour to it.
- 5 -6 large fresh tomatoes
- 1 medium onion (cut into quarters)
- 1 jalapeno pepper (seeded and cut into quarters)
- 2 -3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice or 1 tablespoon lime juice
- coarse salt
- 2 tablespoons cilantro (cut or torn into smaller pieces)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the coarse salt, jalapeno pepper, onion and garlic into a food processor or quick chopper. Chop until just before they reach the size you want.
- Add the cilantro to the mixture and continue to chop until all ingredients are fine.
- Remove from chopper and put aside in another bowl.
- Cut the tomatoes into quarters and add to food processor with the lemon juice.
- Chop until tomatoes are still a bit chunky if you don't want your salsa too watery.
- Add tomatoes to the other ingredients and mix well.
- Serve with your favourite tortilla chips, I recommend Scoops!