Recipe by Marissa Reedhead
These are a combination of several recipes plus a little guess work when I first made them.
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse and drain beans, place in a bowl and cover with water to soak overnight in the fridge.
- Drain the beans.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Rinse the salt pork and cut into chunks. Layer the salt pork inthe botoom of the roasting pan and pour the beans over top.
- Combine the brown sugar, ketchup and enough water to cover the beans.
- Mix well and pour over top of the beans.
- Cut the onion up and distribute it evenly over the beans and mix inches.
- Cook for about 6 hours, adding water as needed, about every 2 hours.