Prep 7 mins
Cook 20 mins
This funky little Italian deli has been serving this pasta salad for many many years. I was thrilled to get the recipe in the KC Star. It is the absolute best I have tasted!
- 1 lb vermicelli
- 1⁄4 lb small shell pasta
- 1⁄4 lb rotini pasta
- 1⁄3 cup grated romano cheese
- 1⁄2 cup diced green peppers or 1⁄2 cup red pepper
- 1⁄4 cup diced red onion
- 1⁄4 cup diced tomatoes
- 1⁄3 cup shredded carrot
- 1⁄2 cup sliced black olives
- 12 ounces Italian dressing (I like the one you make yourself made with EXTRA VIRGIN olive oil)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup mustard
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 cup dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon dried basil leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Cook pastas to al dente and drain well.
- After pasta has cooled, mix in all vegetables.
- Mix together dressing ingredients.
- Stir dressing into pasta/vegetable mixture.
- Chill well before serving.
Served this to my son's High School Varsity Soccer the night before a game in order to give them lots of "carbs". I doubled the recipe and the bowl came back empty. I added extra of each of the veggies because that's what our family enjoys. With or without the extra veggies it is the creamy and robust dressing that makes the difference in this salad. Thanks for a winner Susan Lee from the Concordia Lutheran High School Cadets!
Oh my goodness! This is the BEST pasta salad I have ever eaten. It's so creamy and delicious! I just ate some that a neighbor made for a graduation party, and I just had to have the recipe. I plan to make this a lot in the future!