Recipe by Texas Poofy
Recipes for this Northern New York specialty are closely guarded like Barbecue down South. Try this with chopped onions on your hot dogs for a new taste treat.
Top Review by PaulaG
This was a big hit served on top of grilled franks, cheese and chopped onions. I used lean ground turkey and cooked it in the crock pot as suggested. Thanks for posting a wonderful recipe.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 4 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Finely chop onions and saute in a little olive oil until tender.
- Add ground beef and cook until browned. Separate meat so it is broken into very fine pieces of meat.
- Add rest of ingredients, mix, and cook over low heat on the stove 1 hour or more.
- This could be cooked in a crockpot on low for six hours.
- Serve as a topping on hot dogs.