Recipe by dojemi
This recipe was given to me by a friend who had that special touch for making the best desserts.
- 2 (1/4 ounce) envelopesknox unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup sugar (separated into 3/4 cup and 1/4 cup)
- 6 eggs, separated
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1 lemon, zest of, only
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Put gelatin, 3/4 cup sugar and egg yolks in a saucepan and beat to blend to make stream (ribbon).
- Add water and cook over medium heat, stirring, till boiling.
- Pour into large bowl.
- Add lemon rind and lemon juice.
- Set into a 9 x 13 inch pan of water and ice.
- Stir occasionally till soft-set (30 to 40 minutes).
- Beat cream and fold into lemon mixture.
- Beat egg whites and gradually add 1/4 cup of sugar.
- Fold into lemon mixture.
- Line spring-form pan with lady fingers and a collar - or - pour into a souffle' pan using a collar.
- Garnish with cream and lemon slice.